Held at the School on Tuesday, 16th November 2010, starting at 7.30pm.
Present: Margaret Chadwick-Chairman, Brian Ambrose, Loder Bevington, Lynn Reed, Sharyn Robinson, Mary Smith and David Turner. No members of the public were present.
In Attendance: Karen King-Clerk.
2659: Apologies for Absence: Giles Merritt (work commitments)
Bert Collins (work commitments)
2660: Members’ Declaration of Interest for Items on the Agenda: None.
2661: Transfer of Funds held by the Parish Council to the Youth Club:
Min.ref. 345/2657: Margaret Chadwick having reviewed the budgetary summary, etc., provided by the Youth Club Committee, reported that all appeared to be in order. MC asked for a vote on agreeing the transfer of funds totalling £2,367-29. The transfer was unanimously agreed.
2662: Consideration of Draft Budget & Precept for 2011/12 for later approval:
The details of the budget for 2011/12 were considered. Following this a draft figure of £15,500 was proposed for final approval at the January 2011 meeting. Proposed: Sharyn Robinson. Seconded: Loder Bevington.
2663: Clerk’s Reports:
• Min.ref.345/2657: An estimate for the replacement of the bus shelter adj the shop was received in the sum of £2,909 plus VAT.
• An enquiry about the ownership of a tree on the Recreation Ground boundary was received as it was considered that this tree was overhanging a neighbouring property and needed to be cut back.
2664: Parish Councillors’ Reports:
General points reported during item 2662 above:
• The need to clear earth mound in cemetery – suggestion of a working party.
• General discussion about a Groundsman/Caretaker to ensure that the Pavilion is kept tidy and to help monitor the use of the pitch. It was suggested that as an immediate action the Clubs using the Pavilion should be reminded that the £50 returnable deposit paid by the Clubs would be held if they did not keep to the agreement of ensuring that everything was left clean and tidy after use.
• Request for grit bin at top of Quarry Lane.
The meeting closed at 10pm.
2665: Dates of Next Meetings:
4th January 2011